Segunda Caida

Phil Schneider, Eric Ritz, Matt D, Sebastian, and other friends write about pro wrestling. Follow us @segundacaida

Thursday, August 06, 2009

The Complete and Accurate Yoshiaki Fujiwara




So I am in the process of finishing up watching the footage for the 1980's Project New Japan set (which is going to own BTW) and I realized that with watching all that footage, all of the footage for the 1980' Other Japan set and all of the PWFG I have watched the lion's share of all the Yoshiaki Fujiwara matches committed to tape. So I figured it might be cool/insane to construct a list of all those matches, with some sort of review next to each match. So by the end of this, we will have at least a sentence or two on the totality of Fujiwara's career. A lot of the reviews will be C+Ped from other places, so I apologize if use the same Teddy Atlas talking point multiple times, also some of these reviews were done with Tomk, so I will include his stuff too. I am not a star review guy, but I will break it down into Epic, Great, Fun and Skippable. I will update this post with links to reviews and a growing list of the matches. The
List

1975



1983

1984

Yoshiaki Fujiwara v. Super Tiger UWF 9/7/84 - EPIC


1985

Yoshiaki Fujiwara v. Super Tiger UWF 1/16/85 - EPIC


1987


1988


1989


1990







2001


2003




2007


2009


Yoshiaki Fujiwara/Katsumi Usuda v. Shoichi Funaki/Ikuto Hidaka HUSTLE 5/30/10 - GREAT
Yoshiaki Fujiwara/Riki Choshu/Genichiro Tenryu v. Tiger Mask/Tatsumi Fujinami/Gran Hamada RJPW 8/9/10 - GREAT
Yoshiaki Fujiwara/Minoru Suzuki v. Osamu Nishimura/Masa Fuchi AJPW 10/24/10 - FUN

2011


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home