Segunda Caida

Phil Schneider, Eric Ritz, Matt D, Sebastian, and other friends write about pro wrestling. Follow us @segundacaida

Friday, August 20, 2010

THE MOTHERFUCKING INTERNET: HOOK EM HORNS

The Texas Hangmen v. Gypsy Joe/Dragon Master W*ING 10/12/91

After listening to Colt Cabana's awesome podcast with Bull Pain, I wanted to track down some old school Texas Hangmen. Not much available from their Puerto Rican run, but I did find this amusing match from everyones third favorite early 90's Japanese garbage wrestling promotion W*ING. I assumed when I saw this title that the Dragon Master was Kendo Nagasaki, but it is actually a gigantic skinny guy in a weird mask. He had to be around 7 feet tall, but wasn't proportioned like anyone I recognized, I am pretty sure Baba wasn't doing spot show W*ING work in 91. He did what you need to do in W*ING recklessly hurl a chair and take a bump or two. Gypsy Joe chopped hard, and the Hangmen clubbered. This was clipped up, so it was hard to get a sense of how good it was, but it is definitely weird enough to want to check out, and Gypsy Joe's top rope knee was uncalled for and nasty.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home