Segunda Caida

Phil Schneider, Eric Ritz, Matt D, Sebastian, and other friends write about pro wrestling. Follow us @segundacaida

Monday, April 22, 2024

Complete and Accurate Tarzan Goto

 



It is always rough looking back at old work. I have been writing about wrestling for 25 plus years and have some true whiffs. I have venerated stuff that stinks, and trashed stuff that rules. It is always important to reevaluate your priors and shift gears when you realize you made a mistake, and there are a fair number of DVDVR reviews where I trashed Tarzan Goto. I seem to remember coining the nickname Tarzan Scroto. I couldn't be more wrong. He is clearly in the absolute top tier of brawlers in wrestling history, an absolute wild man who brings a sense of real chaos to everything he did. He is also a guy with a ton of classics still unexamined. We launched this project with an IWA tag which is a absolute stone cold classic, and a match I have never heard anyone talk about before. I imagine there are a lot more gems to excavate.


1984

Tarzan Goto vs. Toshiaki Kawada AJPW 1/4/84 - GREAT

1990


1993

Tarzan Goto/Grigory Verichev/Sambo Asako/Sabu vs, Big Titan/The Gladiator/Dr. Hannibal/Ricky Fuji/Attila the Hun  FMW 2/19/93 - EPIC

1994

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home