Segunda Caida

Phil Schneider, Eric Ritz, Matt D, Sebastian, and other friends write about pro wrestling. Follow us @segundacaida

Saturday, April 20, 2024

MLJ: Master List

MD: No one was asking for this necessarily, but we all know that Blogspot is pretty rough, and I'd like to have this all in one place. I'm posting this on April 20, 2024. My first post on Segunda Caida was April 20, 2014. For the first two years, I wrote up three lucha matches a week. That's over three hundred. Early days, just like Blogspot, my stuff was really rough too. Thanks to Phil and Eric for the patience. I dropped what MLJ stood for very quickly, because it was a little mortifying, but this really was a journey for me. I didn't jump right to the best things. I picked a wrestler and dug in on the idea that I wanted to have some footing before I got to the best stuff. Over those two years, I covered a lot of ground. There are YouTube links here. Most of them are dead. There was, as of last week, a great solution to get around that. Now it's gone. Sorry for that.

If you're trying to learn the rhythms and patterns of lucha, I don't necessary suggest taking this exact path, but taking a comparable path isn't a bad idea. Watch some current CMLL week to week. Pick a period that is easily accessible to you from the last ten-fifteen years and follow a specific wrestler week to week for a while. Start to track what is similar and what is different, the variations and the repetitions. Then once you start picking up on things, follow a higher profile recent feud or track two wrestlers against each over time. It'll take a little bit but you'll start to crack the code.

Like I said, it's been ten years for me here. I post four times a week right now. That's a lot. I'm very grateful to have this as an outlet, for everyone I've been fortunate enough to write with, and to anyone who reads what we do here. I have no plans of stopping. Inertia's a powerful force and wrestling's a hell of a thing. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home