Segunda Caida

Phil Schneider, Eric Ritz, Matt D, Sebastian, and other friends write about pro wrestling. Follow us @segundacaida

Monday, September 21, 2020

The Complete Guide to NXT UK




NXT UK is back after a hiatus that feels like it *probably* should have happened even without a pandemic. I didn't watch a single NXT UK match until Ohno/Gallagher happened (7 months into the program's existence). In cherry picking appearances from some of my favorite US guys this year and last, I came to actually enjoy a lot of the NXT UK roster that I watched. I think their roster since inception (July 2018) is stronger than NXT's roster over the same time, and I figure there are some hidden gems on this brand (that I didn't start semi-frequently watching until late last year). It's an underwatched program - WWE fans don't want it, British wrestling fans don't seem to like it - and there hasn't been a ton of actual discussion on the matches, so I thought it would be fun to skim through the fed's output and establish a list of the BEST NXT UK matches. I also plan on doing Top 50 Wrestlers lists every 25 episodes, while also keeping an ongoing Overall Top 50 or 100.


List Worthy Matches:






Wrestler Rankings: 



Recommended Matches: 

-Noam Dar vs. Pete Dunne NXT UK 7/28 (Aired 10/17/18) (Ep. #1)
-Wild Boar Mike Hitchman vs. Ligero NXT UK 7/29 (Aired 10/24/18) (Ep. #2)
-Ligero vs. James Drake NXT UK 7/29 (Aired 11/7/18) (Ep. #5)
-James Drake vs. Tyler Bate NXT UK 8/25 (Aired 11/14/18) (Ep. #7)
-Wild Boar vs. Mark Andrews NXT UK 8/25 (Aired 11/21/18) (Ep. #9)-Tyson T-Bone vs. Dave Mastiff NXT UK 8/26 (Aired 11/21/18) (Ep. #10)






-Kay Lee Ray vs. Tegan Nox NXT UK 9/1 (Aired 10/3/19) (Ep. #62)




Specials: 




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home