Segunda Caida

Phil Schneider, Eric Ritz, Matt D, Sebastian, and other friends write about pro wrestling. Follow us @segundacaida

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

The Week of Destruction!!! Tuesday.

So I was talking to Phil this past weekend, and we were talking about our upcoming week plans, and I casually mentioned that I would be seeing a couple of bands in concert. Tuesday 6/5/12 I'm seeing Destroyer, and then Friday 6/8/12 I'll be seeing This Will Destroy You....and even though I knew I was seeing these two bands on this same week for the past 3 months, it did not occur to me the amount of SHEER DESTRUCTION that mine eyes would be witnessing this week. From the supple soft cooing yacht rock bliss of Dan Bejar's Destroyer, to the crushing instrumentals full of effects-charged guitars and ambient doom of This Will Destroy You, I will clearly be DESTROYED by the end of the week.

So how could any of us pass up on writing a bunch of Destroyer reviews? HOW COULD WE!?



OK so this is kinda of an odd choice, but I have my reasons. For some reason I always picture Rotunda as his weird 90/91 Captain Mike gimmick. Destroyer's "Kaputt" is an album full of the smoothest yachting jams this side of Aja. And I picture Dan Bejar of Destroyer sipping brandy, rocking a blazer and turtleneck, while Captain Mike steers them into the sunset.

Match was short and kinda neat. Rotunda was young and botched a leapfrog, and did TWO different rolling cradle spots. That seems like a couple too many. Destroyer had to have been 50 here, and looked super spry. I loved his escape from the body scissors into kip-up. In the body scissors I loved Rotunda boxing his ears. Looked real nasty. Match ends in a DQ, because Canada likes sports that can end in tie games and bullshit.

Week of Destruction!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home