Segunda Caida

Phil Schneider, Eric Ritz, Matt D, Sebastian, and other friends write about pro wrestling. Follow us @segundacaida

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Black History Month DAY 23

Big Daddy V v. Boogeyman v. Miz v. C.M. Punk




Big Daddy V is a guy who is really in the wrong era. He would have made an amazing monster heel in any regional promotion. V challenging Inoki, Colon, Lawler, Hogan, Jimmy Valient. He is both bigger and more agile then guys like Kamala or Kareem Muhammed. He looks great here, press slamming Punk to the floor, pounding on Boogeyman, taking a giant ring barrier bump. Boogeyman can't really wrestle, but has a ton of charisma. I could easily see Lawler bringing in Boogeyman as a special tag partner to face Big Daddy V and Robert Fuller. The sections of this match where Miz and C.M. Punk work IWA-MS TPI style aren't nearly as good as the parts of Big Daddy V wrecking fools. Miz has gotten pretty good at working that style though, he would make a fine Lance Von Thomaselli. I wonder if V's tits gave him Coral flashbacks? I hadn't been watching ECW, but this match kind of makes me want to Youtube more V.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I wonder if V's tits gave him Coral flashbacks?"

This cracked me up, but also made me sad that I got the reference.

Anyway, didn't V work in Memphis for Lawler? I mean, not in the 80's, but it seems like that's where he would go in between WWE stints. He may have worked as face Mabel there, though.

A competitor TV station from when I worked in Illinois went down to Memphis to do a story on Lawler's promotion. I have no idea why. The station was out of Cape Girardeau, MO. There was really no local tie there. I'm thinking that the reporter was a mark that just wanted to get in the ring.

So anyway, they did their interview with V, and did a couple of cheesey teases where the reporter got bodyslammed and clotheslined. The best part was that this reporter was a real asshole. V must've felt the same way. He really layed into him with the clothesline, and spiked him on the bodyslam. Good stuff. I wish I could've been there live to see the ass get stiffed.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

V's been King Mabel in Memphis since about '98 or so. As far as I know, he's always been a top heel. He and Moe had a pretty sweet submissions match a couple of years ago.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

King Mabel worked face including as part of the Double Kings tag team with Lawler in 2004 (I'm sure somewhere I may have posted a Double Kings v Double dragons PWG fantasy booking at one point).

What I wrote about the Mabel v Mo submissions match:

http://the-w.com/thread.php/id=17367

"Main event was Mabel vs. Moe in a submissions match. No ref except to declare winner. Garbage can and chair in the ring.

The Mabel vs. Moe match was way better than I thought it would be. I really liked it alot. Mabels ground work was actually good. Good spots around the stips (no ref to give Moe a rope break for reaching the ropes so he has to get out of submission on his own). Mabel worked over leg while underdog Moe worked toward crossface. Mo really sold leg like a fat Steamboat. The two worked really tightly with each other and fuck I want to see them against each other in a cage.

Mabel vs. Moe really looked like they have a bunch of good matches against each other in them. Probably not much against any one else but looked like they could work really well with each other. Teachers tend to work well with trainees and such but really dug this.

The commercial break kind of fucked it up as I never got to see how Mo transitioned to offense. But that feels like a minor complaint in the world of studio wrestling.

This show was way more hit and miss than the one before. But Mabel vs. Moe , sorry King Mabel vs. Sir Mo well worth watching."

10:50 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

Double Kings write up is in DVDVR 145.

http://www.deathvalleydriver.com/dvdvr/dvdvr145.html

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home