Segunda Caida

Phil Schneider, Eric Ritz, Matt D, Sebastian, and other friends write about pro wrestling. Follow us @segundacaida

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Black History Month DAY 1

Virgil v. Diamond Timothy Flowers- Pro Wrestling Fury (date?)

I have always had a soft spot for Mike Jones. I was a guy who watched a lot of late 90's WCW, for a long time I reviewed Thunder, I would rarely miss WCWSN and more often then not I would at least watch Dean's comp tapes of Pro and Worldwide. Jones was one of those random WCW guys who you could always sort of count on to entertain you in a random tag. There were definitely points where he was the best wrestler in the NWO, and would be the only guy in the stable willing to take any bumps.

Here he is working his WWF gimmick against local Canadian heel Timothy Flowers. Flowers has that Zandigish look of a guy who used to be really cut, but then stopped lifting, but didn't stop the roids. For that guy he is way better then Glen Osbourne or Nate Hatred, but not as good as Smackdown run Animal. He takes a lot of bumps for a guy who I imagine owns the ring. Virgil has fun looking punches, and is willing to take some mid-level bumps on the floor, including getting run into the bleachers. You also have the spot where Flowers tries a headbutt and is thwarted by Virgil's hard negro head. I imagine that will be a leitmotif in this set of Black History Month reviews. Shit finish, with Virgil getting the knucks from Flowers and getting DQed for using them. Seems like you could put Virgil over. Really a much better match then it has any right to be, and if I went to a Canadian Indy I would be fully satisfied with this as a main event

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home