Segunda Caida

Phil Schneider, Eric Ritz, Matt D, Sebastian, and other friends write about pro wrestling. Follow us @segundacaida

Saturday, November 06, 2021

Cain Justice's Been a Mover He Don't Need No One to Slow Him Down

Cain Justice vs. James Ryan BCW Pro Wrestling 8/11/18 - FUN

ER: Cool battle between two of the younger and best NC indy guys. Ryan we've seen a couple times getting smooshed on CWF, and I also liked him on an Action show. This is the first I've seen him in a more competitive match, and I liked what I saw. It's also fun seeing somebody work heel against Cain. It's not like Cain works ultra super babyface here, but Ryan comes out and calls my man a tub of lard, and well, babyface Justice. Ryan is long and lanky with great floppy bumps, but also uses his long limbs to sneak in strikes, and he's got great strikes. So we get a lot of moments of him reaching in and popping Cain with a nice right, and some cool moments of Cain catching a long leg and inflicting damage on those long limbs. 


I loved early when Cain was bending at Ryan's wrist and fingers, and then began standing on one of his hands while fully extending and bending the other. It looked so cool. I really loved all the standing exchanges, which is not a statement I often use when talking about modern pro wrestling, but there were two sections - one on the floor, one down the stretch in the ring - where they're laying in shots but not really taking turns, both kind of off balance, a big right from James gets a big headbutt from Cain as a receipt, and they managed to do a bunch of cool exchanges within that. Cain matches always have a great habit of not overstaying their welcome, and here we get a succinct exclamation point running knee finish, nice and simple. You knew Cain was the goods, but I thought Ryan delivered big time (and I didn't even praise his tights-with-fringe!).

PAS: I was less high on Ryan in this match then Eric, I thought he was fine, but didn't bring much to the table outside of a nice hesher look and some trash talking. I thought a lot of the of standing exchanges were pretty C+, Cain looked good, he mixed his stuff up and landed some nice moves, including some really nasty elbows to the back of the neck, Ryan just threw forearms and not great ones. It was interesting to see how much babyface Cain worked like Trevor Lee, the early mat work, the smacking of the hand, the twisting of the knee, you could really tell who he was trained by, way more then when he works heel. If I had gotten a cool twist ending, I could see this sneaking on a list, but I needed a bit more flash.




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home