Segunda Caida

Phil Schneider, Eric Ritz, Matt D, Sebastian, and other friends write about pro wrestling. Follow us @segundacaida

Saturday, May 09, 2015

2015 Ongoing Match of the Year List

14. Low-Ki v. Drew Galloway TNA 3/16 (Aired May 1)

PAS: This was a nasty little compact 10 minute brawl between two really good wrestlers, only slightly marred by TNA bullshit. This was a pipe on a pole match, where the pipe falls off the pole and never gets used. Despite that, both guys beat the crap out of each other. Low-Ki has been off my radar for a bit, but he is still an asskicker, he lands some especially nasty elbow smashes on the head. Galloway comes in with taped ribs and Ki kicks him in them and lands a warriors way on a standing chair. Post match brawl with Ki's group (Kenny King, MVP, Homicide) and Galloways group (Haku's other son, some NXT scrub) wasn't much, but I'll check out anytime these two matchup

ER: I really dug this, Galloway has been on an absolute tear the last year, and parts of this match felt like a grimy Necro Butcher brawl. The Warriors Way while Drew was draped over a chair was totally sick, one of the best garbage spots I've seen. Drew really muscled Ki around, dug his all arm lariat to knock Ki to the floor, then all the ringside brawling was mean and sloppy-in-a-good-way. I've been so conditioned to think I guy is going to chop the ringpost that I found myself cringing during moments. These two lace into each other nicely, and we get some honest to god believable fighting on the top rope. Normally it looks like two guys cooperating to maintain their balance, here it looked like two guys fighting while trying to maintain their balance. HUGE difference. The pipe falls off because it's TNA and whatever is hanging from a pole will always fall off that pole. Ki takes too long to set up a tree of woe stomp, and the announcers are already talking about how Drew's leg must be stuck, so I'm getting ready to eyeroll but then Drew yanks Ki messily off the top into a chair and the spot makes total wonderful sense within the match. I liked Ki going for the Pablo Sandoval tomahawk chop with the pipe leading directly to Drew hitting his nasty double arm DDT right on a chair. Match went the perfect amount of time, and was great because I love these two guys, but not great because now I'm going to have to start DVRing TNA just in case they pop up.


2015 MOTY MASTER LIST


Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger robmoham said...

Hello, I was wondering if I may purchase some of your famous compilations from you. thank you

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home