Segunda Caida

Phil Schneider, Eric Ritz, Matt D, Sebastian, and other friends write about pro wrestling. Follow us @segundacaida

Thursday, October 02, 2014

Segunda Caida Reader Appreciation II: The Legend of Curly's Gold

Wow, you people are awesome. [edit out you calling them "you people" before you post this] So a couple months ago we broke our record for unique page views in a month. And then we broke it again the next month. And the next. We've set a new readership record every month for the past 5 months. This past month we were up 22% from the previous month. We're up 238% from December 2013. That blows my mind. Who would have guessed regular, reliable posting - some of it genuinely above average - would actually draw more reader interest than taking weeks off at a time!?

So, I'm gonna open the floor up to more requests. Okay, I haven't actually finished all of the requests from last time. I work, and I'm not proud to say that I've actually watched wrestling on my phone in the bathroom while at work. You gotta fit it in, people. And Encore Westerns has been showing old Cheyenne episodes every night, so I gotta watch those. If they bring back Cimarron Strip I'm likely never watching wrestling again. Anyway I promise I will do those old requests first. This week. I have Friday off. I swear these will get done.

But seriously, thank you for reading our blog. Thanks to great contributions from now-lucha-expert Matt we've somehow done 1-2 posts a day the whole year. You rewarded us by reading them. So go ahead and request stuff. What do you want to read? What do you want us to review? What are you sick of reading (please don't answer that, Phil can take the criticism but I'm fragile)? You're the ones reading this, I'll happily watch any garbage that you want.

Thanks again people, and thanks for making it worthwhile. We may need to do another podcast with maybe over 10% wrestling content.

P.S. Don't bother requesting Jack Birthrider fanfic. Of course that will happen. Also, a Brief History of Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Complete and accurate Negro Casas?

6:05 AM  
Blogger Davey C said...

How about some current BritWres? The UK is the healthiest it's been in years, and two of the brightest stars are CJ Banks and Joseph Conners, who are currently mid-best-of-5 series. This is the first match of their series

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dpDzwxYZnFQ

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love for Eric to add his comments to the dozens of MOTY drafts sitting ignored

1:07 PM  
Blogger EricR said...

I would love for Phil to add his comments to the two WAR shows I wrote up. And also finish our "The Feud That Changed Everything: Why 30 Albert vs. Funaki Matches on Velocity Predicted the Great American Recession" essay.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like someone to tackle a question I've been asking myself for about 10 minutes now -

What is the best Dean Allmark vs Rampage Brown match from Rhyl town hall?

Or just some reviews of Brit/Euro stuff would be cool.

Keep up the good work.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Sprecher's Crow said...

How about reviewing whatever pre-WWE contract Jon Moxley matches you can find on Youtube now that he's pretty much the best wrestler in the world.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should do some manias

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home