Segunda Caida

Phil Schneider, Eric Ritz, Matt D, Sebastian, and other friends write about pro wrestling. Follow us @segundacaida

Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Segunda Caida Reader Appreciation

So May is over, and our tender little blog just got the most views-per-month in the history of the site, beating our July 2009 record. July 2009 had a conspicuously tiny number of posts, including my wrestling-as-punk-rock essay, and Phil randomly reviewing NWA Fusion, BattlArts and IWRG. So basically I have zero idea why that was our previous peak and why it took us almost 5 years to get back to that point. 5 years! Twitter didn't really exist 5 years ago. Maybe Twitter is to blame for our readership mass exodus. Maybe it's our salty personalities (well, I'm friendly and cheerful, Phil is a grump), maybe it's our facial hair, who knows. But more and more of you are reading us every month and we appreciate that, no matter what percentage of you are coming here looking for Jack Birthrider or Mike Tolbert fanfic.

So, since we appreciate you coming here so often, now's your chance to make your ocular dreams come true! You read this digitially unorganized rag, so tell us what you want to read. This is your chance to make a request. Request examples:

~I want you to review xxxx match
~I want you to do an overview on xxxx wrestler
~I want you to review xxxx show
~I want you to do a podcast, and I want the topics to be xxxx
~I want Mike Tolbert and/or Jack Birthrider fanfic
~I want Mike Tolbert AND Jack Birthrider fanfic, set within the Game of Thrones universe

So hey, thanks again for continuing to come here and read our garbled wrestle-opinions. Leave your content requests below in the comments, message us privately, post in our threads at DVDVR or pWo or WKO, just let us know.

11 Comments:

Blogger Dylan Hales said...

I want to beg for a podcast return, but a part of me loves the fact that the party line had it's run and then vanished into the night never to be seen again.

So instead I want you guys to review the Hardys v. Briscoes match from 4/26 Omega show. ASAP. (Match can be found easily in obvious place, but I'm hesitant to link to it)

I don't want to be greedy but a Buddy Landell overview/complete and accurate/grab bag would be pretty cool too.

2:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would really like to see a complete and accurate Tenryu.

3:50 AM  
Blogger Davey C said...

I read the site every day. It's an awesome resource for someone like myself who wants to watch as much different wrestling as possible and enjoys reading well-formed words about it. Lucha is particular is something I know little about, so I'm learning a lot.

As for a request, I'd be interested in seeing an opinion on the link below, the Henchmen vs Tyler Bate & Chris Brookes. It's one of the most entertaining matches I've seen live, which makes it hard for me to divorce the match quality from how much fun I had love. Bate is only 17 and probably the best young prospect in the UK, plus it ends with a cracking post-match cocaine gag.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycwk0WIdPvE

4:32 AM  
Blogger Matt D said...

Congrats on the hits for the month, guys. I'm still honored that you are letting me borrow the keys.

For what it's worth, the offer's open for what I'm doing as well. I'm stumbling around blind like the man touching the lucha elephant in the parable. If anyone has anything they want me to focus on, I'm glad to look a certain direction for a while.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

I'd like to see more random indy show reviews, maybe even some old WWF house show reviews as well would be nice. Whatever it is though, I really enjoy reading it.

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Bill Thompson said...

Well, damn, Dylan took my suggestion, so I'll second his nomination of Hardys/Briscoes.

Here's something for Matt, I'd really love to see you dig into some El Hijo del Santo, he's my favorite luchador by far as well as on my top five workers of all time list, and I'd love to read you giving him an in-depth look.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An overview on Ron Garvin would be nice.

4:28 PM  
Blogger HectorF said...

Watch the Busca de un Idolo 6-man, you dolts!

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very little to suggest, because there's so much depth and range in this blog to enjoy.

Only possible suggestion I could make would be to continue with the 'Digging in the Crate' formula of looking for obscure/hidden gems. I appreciate continually finding worthy matches could prove difficult, but this blog played a big part in opening my eyes to new styles of wrestling when I decided to watch wrestling again back in '09 after a two year break.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Okori said...

A Complete and Accurate Liger wouldn't be the worst thing ever done.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I still say a return for the podcast would be a glorious treat even with the glut of podcasts ongoing.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home