Segunda Caida

Phil Schneider, Eric Ritz, Matt D, Sebastian, and other friends write about pro wrestling. Follow us @segundacaida

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

20 Plus Years of Selling Johnson and Johnson, Dick Togo Started Out Life as a Baby Faced Monster

Dick Togo/Satanico/Pirata Morgan/Pierroth Jr. vs. Ricky Marvin/Negro Casas/Ultimo Guerrero/Super Parka CMLL Japan 11/5/99 - EPIC

Holy moly, look at that team of rudos. This is a total out of nowhere youtube gem. I was watching a shit ton of Puro in 1999 and I had no idea this match existed. You get all of these great dream matchups you never really thought about. Satanico and Negro Casas both work the mat and beat the bricks off of each other. We get a great Dick Togo v. Negro Casas section, where they just exchange super fast stiff chops and kicks. With all of that, I think my favorite part of this match was Pirata and Pierroth as nasty lucha Anderson brother total crowbars, just laying in an asskicking on cuter then Menudo Ricky Marvin and fun endearing Super Parka. I just got this image of Pierroth and Pirata vs. the Rock and Roll Express being the greatest match that never happened. This goes about 25 minutes and we get pretty much all you want from a lucha match. Some matwork, some violence, some triple teams, some nifty dives. Finish was a bit weird as Pirata is just killing Marvin and you keep waiting for the comeback or the tag, and instead Pirata just pins him. There is also a post match angle where Pierroth taunts a Japanese guy with a cast I didn't recognize (who was CMLL Japan's late 90's young up and comer) into the ring, and the whole rudo crew (including a pre-Juggalo Nosawa) just beat this kid half to death with baseball bats. Who ever this guy is, is covered in blood and they pound on his leg, and man alive is Togo, Pirata, Satanico and Pierroth the fucking greatest fake NWO ever (I don't even mind NOSAWA as their Brian Adams).


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is just such a random combination and I've only ever seen Super Parka as a bloodthirsty rudo brawler so it's ultra pleasing. Pirata is a total blind spot within my experience too, I've only ever seen him a couple of times in recent IWRG and haven't been that impressed but I'm guessing he's like many others and has just slowed down a lot.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Oh Man Pirata is one of the best ever. He is in his 50's now and worked a punishing style, but you need to seek out some older stuff. SLL started a Complete and Accurate Pirata a couple years back, so that would be a good jump off point

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2011/07/complete-and-accurate-pirata-morgan.html

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, I've been thinking I should for a while. I remember seeing a Pirata vs. MS-1 hair match from 1991 come up in my Youtube feed and can't really work out why I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was the guy they beat up Masato Yakushiji? Looks kind of like him.

8:36 PM  
Blogger timmy8271 said...

The guy they beat up at the end was Mr. Cacao who I believe was the promoter of the tour. They beat him up throughout the tour including breaking his leg. Phil you should check out the Pirata/Super Parka IWRG title match I uploaded from the same tour.

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home