Segunda Caida

Phil Schneider, Eric Ritz, Matt D, Sebastian, and other friends write about pro wrestling. Follow us @segundacaida

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

TARZAN GOTO OF THE DAY #3

Tarzan Goto v. Cactus Jack IWA 10/5/95






In 1995 Cactus Jack was my favorite wrestler, the insane ECW heel turn with possibly the best series of promos ever, the crazy matches with Sandman and Sabu, the IWA Funk matches. He basically got me into tape trading, as after catching the ECW TV show in my dorm, I needed to see all of his shit. The first comp tape I made was a incubatory Goodhelemet style career respective. So where the fuck did this match come from? I had never seen it before tonight, and it was as spectacular as any of the best Cactus stuff from that era. Cactus was completely insane here, hitting the elbow from the second rope to the floor, getting Flair hurled from the top to the floor, and getting smashed in the head with bottle. This was a Cactus show, but Goto brings the fight like he always does, he hits some nasty lariats and I loved his repeated headbutts. Some of Foley’s matches in retrospect looked a bit like stunt shows, but this felt like a crazy fight. I really think if this was in the ECW arena it would have been legendary, but it pretty rad to discover a hidden gem like this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite Cactus match ever.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home