Segunda Caida

Phil Schneider, Eric Ritz, Matt D, Sebastian, and other friends write about pro wrestling. Follow us @segundacaida

Monday, September 18, 2006

NWA VIRGINIA ACTION ZONE RESTART EPISODE 2 WORKRATE REPORT

What Worked

Are Thrills and Chills working a gay gimmick? Chills keeps tweaking Thrills nipples and slapping his but. They couldn't look gayer if they had cocks tattooed on their cheeks, yet I get the sense that it is all unintentional. I mean white American youth culture is just really gay normally so maybe they just represent that. Match against Grail and Krotch was fine if a little short. Since when did Brandon Day's Krotch become Grail's Krotch. Was there a Krotch on the pole match?

I have been watching a ton of UWF and Fujiwara Gumi lately, which is really the pinnacle of the style Sean Denny is trying to work now. It is pretty hit and miss right now, there were parts that looked really good, and parts that looked off. I really liked the opening mat section, but the finish reversal section look pretty awkward. Denny in guard, getting armbared and getting the back, their really wasn't enough struggle for any of it. Denny needs to work stiffer if he is going to be doing this too. Still I dug the match and I really think Mike Vaughn is great. I also don't know how fake MMA is going to work against the old school style that most of this promotion works. It was kind of style clash here, and I am less sure about the Wayne v. Denny rematch

The pull apart at the end was good studio wrestling

What Didn't Work

Their are a million Krotch jokes you can make. MulDoomstone Ryan had me dying at the last NWA-VA show. Just repeating his name in "funny voice" isn't a really a joke Rick O'Brian.

I thought they would lose their licensee if anyone tapped out? Where was the commission. O'Brian called something the shootfighter position.

I don't know why they are hyping an August show in the middle of September

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home