Segunda Caida

Phil Schneider, Eric Ritz, Matt D, Sebastian, and other friends write about pro wrestling. Follow us @segundacaida

Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Complete & Accurate Meiko Satomura


Previously, on Segunda Caida:

I am glancing at the index of nominees for PWO's Greatest Wrestler Ever project, and I'm noticing Meiko hasn't been nominated. I should probably amend that when I'm done writing this up.

Well, I went to do just that, but while digging up the necessary reviews to support her nomination, I felt the ones I found were a little lacking in the sort of depth you would want when talking up a nominee. And that's when I said to myself, "Hey, Steve? You know what this gal needs? A Complete & Accurate." After all, this is someone who...what did I say again?

I have no idea what my ballot for something like that would like right now, but pretty much single-handedly making an otherwise dead genre of wrestling still somewhat worthwhile for 15 years seems like a resume worth considering for something like that.

Yeah, that. She definitely fills an unusual niche amongst great wrestlers, being someone who's matches I consistently want to watch in a genre that I otherwise have little to no interest in, and having maintained that status for so long....I think this calls for further exploration. Matches will be rated as EPIC, GREAT, FUN, or SKIPPABLE, and compiled here. Rock your life away!

2001

Meiko Satomura vs. Akira Hokuto GAEA 4/29/01 - EPIC

2012

Meiko Satomura vs. Nanae Takahashi Stardom 3/20/12 - EPIC

2014

Meiko Satomura vs. Kana Kana Pro 2/25/14 - EPIC
Meiko Satomura vs. Ayako Hamada SENDAI 10/18/14 - GREAT

2015

Meiko Satomura vs. Kyoko Kimura SENDAI 3/11/15 - SKIPPABLE

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YYYYYEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Make sure you check out Meiko vs. Akira Hokuto from GAEA

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home