Segunda Caida

Phil Schneider, Eric Ritz, Matt D, Sebastian, and other friends write about pro wrestling. Follow us @segundacaida

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Black Terry Wove a Red Cloak So Regal to See

Black Terry vs. Chico Che IWRG 1/29/12 - GREAT

PAS: It's odd that this match escaped me for so long, it's hair match featuring two of my all time favorite wrestlers, during one of my favorite wrestling vintages early 2010s IWRG. How didn't I see it in 2012? How has it been on Powerbomb for two years? How did I review the set up match and not the apuestas? Well I am watching it now, and while booking kept this from being a super high end Black Terry match, it was still pretty awesome stuff.

Chico Che is full rudo in this match, which isn't a role I have seen him in before. He doesn't do his awesome rope running sequence and focuses more on chops and punches, but he has great looking chops and punches so it works good. We get a bunch of gruesome cinema verite close ups of bloody bruised faces getting punched and headbutted. There is an amazing BTJr. shot of both guys smashing their foreheads against each other, while blood sprays off. There was a lot of interference by the seconds (I want to say Dynamic Black and Commando Negro, but I admit my ability to ID IWRG guys from a decade ago has wained), and the third fall was basically all interference and a pretty mistimed ref bump, if they had kept it a gore fest brawl it would have been an easy epic, but I think the set up match is the better of the two. Still this is Chico Che and Black Terry in an Black Terry Jr. filmed HH, so incredibly worth watching.


COMPLETE AND ACCURATE BLACK TERRY


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home